Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gifts from South America

     Hey ladies! Today I have for you some swatches of two Brazilian polish brands that my boyfriend had bought for me while he was away in Brazil (aren't I a lucky gal?)
     From left to right, the polishes go as follows: Impala Expressao de Amor, Colorama Lua Crescente, Impala Charming, and Impala Pintura Moderna. 

 
     First up is Colorama Lua Crescente ("Crescent Moon" in English). I had no problems with the formula in this polish, but there was a minor defect in the brush where some of the fibers were longer than others. It was very easy to work around this little issue.
     Lua Crescente is a gorgeous gray that shifts to pink at certain angles. You can see a bit of this change in the bottle. 
     This is three coats of Lua Crescente with Sally Hansen Insta-Dry for TC. This polish is very sheer and I could still see my nail lines at certain angles but this could certainly be used as a topper over another color. 
     This is the same mani in sunlight. The color shift is really brilliant in the sun so I attempted to capture it here with no luck. 

     Next up we have Impala Expressao de Amor, in English meaning "Expression of Love". Red is one of my least favorite colors, to be honest, so I never really buy red polishes. But boy was I lucky to have this polish given to me. Not only is the formula absolutely perfect, but the color was gorgeous as well .
     Expressao de Amor is a shimmery fiery red polish. I used two coats with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as TC. Although I don't really like red, I think my nails look great in it. I seems to be a classy, sophisticated look. 

     Impala Pintura Moderna, meaning "Modern Painting" in English, was yet another polish that gave me no trouble. Its formula was just as flawless as Expressao de Amor's was. 
    
     Pintura Moderna is a purple packed with silver shimmer. I used two coats with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry for TC. This may actually be my favorite polish from the bunch due to how different this is from most of my polishes. 

     Last but certainly not least is the stunning Impala Charming. I have no complaints to make about this polish except for that the bottle lied to me. It appeared to be a crelly with glitter suspended in it, but it turned out to be very sheer and even after multiple coats did not build up any opacity.
     Charming is indeed very charming with its fine blue glitter and small aqua hexes and blue bar glitters. Here I used one coat of Charming over two coats of Orly Gumdrop with one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dry as TC. I am quite the sucker for blue polishes so I expected this would be my favorite of the bunch, but because of how sheer it was I was kind of disappointed and my excitement for the polish kind of went away. 

     Once I posted the picture of the four bottles on Instagram, I got some awesome feedback about how great these brands were. Now that I've actually tried them, I could totally agree with them. I would not hesitate to buy more polishes from either Impala or Colorama. I'm so lucky that I had the chance to try these out thanks to my wonderful boyfriend (what would I do without him, seriously?).

     Until next time ladies!





No comments:

Post a Comment