Saturday, December 28, 2013

Chanel Taboo

     Hey there ladies! I hope you guys had a lovely Christmas. Mine wasn't too bad, my grandfather gave me a new camera for Christmas. It's a Panasonic Lumix FZ70. I used it for the pictures I took for this post. I'm still getting used to the settings so bear with me.
     I ended up grabbing Taboo by Chanel while I was at the mall the other day. I have always had a thing for Chanel so I was so excited to be able to pick up one of their polishes. 


     I was instantly drawn to this color because it was so different from anything I own. It seemed like a purple with hints of red and orange but it was actually a lot different than I expected.

Chanel Taboo

     The first thing I noticed when I made my first brush stroke was that this polish had much less red in the purple than I had originally anticipated. Instead it became very blue (which was absolutely fine for me because I prefer cooler tones to warmer tones) and seemed to me to be more vampy.




Each photo has two coats of Chanel Taboo with one coat of Seche Vite
for top coat
     Taboo seemed pretty opaque in just one coat but I did two just to be sure. The brush was nice and thin but the bristles were a little too long for my liking. The polish seemed to drag and didn't spread easily unless there was a lot of polish on the brush. The second coat made the polish much more rich looking and the shimmer became more prominent. Clean up was pretty easy for this one.
      Overall, I think this polish is pretty great. I felt so classy wearing this today, not to mention I got plenty of compliments on it. What do you guys think? Do you guys own any Chanel polishes?

     You can purchase Chanel nail polish at department stores such as Macy's or Nordstrom for $27.


      

2 comments:

  1. This is a big lemming of mine but I can't bring myself to spend that much! Looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I had a Macy's gift card for $25 and I couldn't find much under that so I figured, what the heck, I'll spend an extra couple of bucks and get this!

      Delete