Saturday, December 14, 2013

China Glaze Dash of Dazzle!

     What's up ladies? It's snowing over here right now and there's no way I'm going out today. So what better time to write a little blog post?
     Today I have for you a little something I bought on Black Friday. I picked up the little China Glaze "Dash of Dazzle" set from the Happy HoliGlaze collection. This set has three polishes:  So Blue Without You, Mingle with Kringle, and Bells Will Be Blinging.


     I had to pick this set because it literally screamed my name. I love love love love blue polish, and glitter so it was pretty obvious that this was the one for me. 



Mingle With Kringle





Each picture has two coats of Mingle With Kringle with one
coat of Seche Vite
     Mingle With Kringle is a super shimmery metallic gold. It's totally gorgeous with only one coat but naturally I added another. I'm usually hesitant when it comes to buying shimmery polish because there's nothing I hate more than brush strokes. But this polish had no traces of a single brush stroke anywhere. Upon adding the second coat the polish became totally opaque, a much richer shade of gold, and becomes very metallic looking. So metallic looking, in fact, it was almost mirror like. I didn't have any problems with the application as it went on very smooth. After cleaning up around the edges there was a little shimmer left behind but regardless, this polish is stunning. Definitely a must-have gold polish. 

So Blue Without You




Each picture has two coats of So Blue Without You with one
coat of Seche Vite
     Very similar to Mingle With Kringle as it is super shimmery and metallic. So Blue Without You is a super pigmented aqua blue and is almost opaque on the first coat. Another perfect shimmer as it has no brush strokes. After the second coat and top coat was added, the polish looked much deeper and became more vibrant. It became so metallic-y that it almost looked like foil. Clean up was a breeze but left a little shimmer behind.

Bells Will Be Blinging




Each picture has two coats of Mingle With Kringle, Bells Will
Be Blinging as a gradient, and one coat of Seche Vite


Two coats of So Blue Without You with one coat of  Bells Will
Be Blinging as an accent and one coat of Seche Vite
      HOLY GLITTER! Bright aqua blue glitter with silver hexes and holographic bars; this polish has it all goin' on! It applied very easily but unfortunately the bar glitters didn't seem to want to lay flat, which seems to be a characteristic of the bar glitters. The blue glitter matches So Blue Without You perfectly and seem to disappear over it and the polish seems to be mostly silver hexes. Good one, China Glaze!

     Overall, I'm totally happy with this purchase. All three of these are perfection in a bottle. I definitely want to get my little paws on the rest of this collection at some point.
   
     You can purchase China Glaze polishes online or in store at Sally's and Ulta.





No comments:

Post a Comment