Saturday, January 11, 2014

Essie Shine of the Times

     One of the first polishes I ever had the I-need-to-have-it-or-I'll-die urges with was Essie Shine of the Times. It was so difficult to find that bottle without ordering it online, but I managed it! I snatched the last one off the shelves of a local Walmart back in April. A few days ago I realized I had only used it once and I never did a proper swatch of it. So I decided to do just that.



One coat Essie Shine of the Times over black with Seche Vite top coat
     I absolutely love the flaky goodness of this polish. Over black you can see the color shifts in the flakes the best. They shift from green to an orangey-red to yellow. 


One coat of Essie Shine of the Times over black with Revlon matte top coat
     I'm not sure if I like it shiny or matte better! I love the mattified version because I think it's way easier to see the shift in the flakes.

     Which way do you guys like it best? Are there other colors that you guys think it looks great over? I'd love to hear what you guys think!

     


     

No comments:

Post a Comment