Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gradient Rainbow Nail Art

     Hey there ladies! Today I have for you a little something different. I decided to sit down and take some time to do some nail art. I was looking through my Instagram pictures and through my blog and realized I rarely do nail art anymore. I looked through Pinterest and through some of my liked photos on IG and found some inspiration.

    It all started with a simple rainbow gradient. For the gradient I used (from left to right) China Glaze Shocking Pink, Orange Knockout, and Celtic Sun, Funky Fingers Lime Light, 220 Volts, and Urban Outfitters Bandeau. I topped it off with a light holo glitter from NOPI called Love Your Life. 
     Believe it or not, I decided this was not enough! I found further inspiration from the blogger polishallthenails in a design she did back in July. Several hours and about a yard of striping tape later, I ended up with this:


     This is certainly one of my favorite manis that I've ever done. I love neon colors and I love how the black triangles really makes them pop. I'm no pro with striping tape so my lines could have been a lot cleaner but I won't get better 'til I try, right?
     I also decided to see how these puppies look under a UV light.

     This is certainly far from a proper black light picture and I need to play around with the settings on my camera a little bit more to get it perfect. But wow, do these nails glow!

     I'm going to try to do more nail art in 2014, so I'd love to hear some feedback from you guys!
     Have a lovely day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment