Thursday, February 13, 2014

L'Oreal Hidden Gems

     Hey ladies! It's yet another nasty snowy day in Connecticut so I'm trapped inside, what better time to make a blog post? I was walking through the Target near my school and I found myself being stared down by the L'Oreal Colour Riche Gold Dust collection. They were all so sparkly and enticing but I could really only afford one. Here's the one I chose:






Hidden Gems


     I'm sure you can see why I picked this one now. Hidden Gems was the most unique out of the whole bunch of polishes. As you can see, in the bottle the polish appeared to be a dark teal color that shifts to purple on the sides. I was so intrigued I had to purchase it.


     Hidden Gems is a textured polish that dries to a dark green almost black color. It's filled with fine teal glitters and small silver hexes. At certain angles you can catch a glimpse of the purple that you can see at the edges of the bottle. 


     Application was breezy. The first coat was a little streaky and a little sheer but the second coat covered everything up. I was also very pleased with how quick this polish dried saying I didn't use any top coat.


     Speaking of top coat, I decided to add some to see if it'd make the purple shift any more noticeable and just to experiment, really.



     To my dismay, the only real difference is that it's much shinier. And it looked kind of silly because it didn't totally smooth out the texture. 

     I think this polish is fab. It's so mysterious looking with its elusive purple shift. And textured polishes are totally the bees knees, especially when they're incorporated with glitter. What do you guys think of this one? Do you have any of the other polishes from this collection?
     
    You can purchase L'Oreal polishes at your local drug store such as Rite Aid or Walgreens and other stores like Target or Walmart for about $5.



     




No comments:

Post a Comment