Monday, February 10, 2014

Mini Color Club Haul : Holiday Splendor

   

      Hey ladies! Today I have the last, but certainly not least, polish of my mini haul: Holiday Splendor. Let me tell you flat out, I LOVE this polish and it's definitely my favorite of the three that I purchased. If you saw my previous posts and you loved the other two, you'll be blown away by this one. If you haven't seen the other two posts, check out the first one here, and the second one here.



Holiday Splendor


     What did I tell ya? Isn't she gorgeous? Holiday Splendor is different from the previous two polishes because rather than it being a clear base filled with glitter, it's a deep green jelly filled with holographic glitter. This is right up my alley because I adore jellies and holographic glitter.


     I used three coats for this opacity. As it is a jelly it gains more depth the more coats you add. For my preferences, three seemed perfect.


     I didn't have very many problems with this and the coats went on nice and thin. The formula was fabulous although the first coat was just a tad bit streaky.


     I only have two complaints about this polish. The first one being that it seemed to chip so easily. Just one day after painting, the polish started chipping around the corners of my nails. The second complaint is how much of a pain in the butt it is to take off. Of course, I should have known better since there's so much glitter. I'd recommend using an Elmer's glue base coat underneath this polish so you don't even need to worry about using any polish remover and just peel off the polish when you're done.


     I love this shot of the bottle because you can really see all the holo glitter in it and the depth of the green jelly. 

     What do you guys think about this polish? What about the other polishes? Are there any other Color Club polishes that you would recommend? Definitely let me know, I'd love to hear from you guys!





No comments:

Post a Comment