Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Charlie's Rad Lacquer Noble Gases Collection

     Sorry I've been MIA guys, I got a new job where I'm working just about every day so I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. But my boss is totally awesome and let me have a swatch day today! 

    Here I have to share with you guys the Noble Gases collection made by Charlie's Rad Lacquer. These polishes are named after the noble gases (as their name suggests) and they are all neons with a holo flair to them. They are also all UV reactive meaning they all glow under black light. Unfortunately, my black light is currently out of commission so I will have to do a separate post on that in the (hopefully near) future.


Argon


     Argon is a neon hot pink color with a soft holo flair to it. Pictured here are two coats with one coat Seche Vite.


     Application was no problem as it had a nice consistency and went on like a dream. After two coats you could still see some nail line but it wasn't anything too bad.


     This polish is so pigmented, it nearly glowed on my hands without a black light!
     The slight holo flair is much more noticeable in the sunlight, although the pictures don't quite pick it up. The sun also amplifies the color of the polish.



     Overall, I think this polish is fabulous.  I love the color and the holo shimmer in it makes it all that much more gorgeous.
Consistency: 9/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Opacity: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Neon

   

     Neon looks to me like a mix of a carrot orange and a copper orange. It's not quite the neon orange that you'd imagine due to the hint of a coppery color. It too has a subtle holo flair, but it's a bit stronger than the one in Argon. Pictured here are two coats with one coat Seche Vite.



     The formula in this polish was flawless. It spread across the nail great and wasn't runny at all. The nail line is a little more noticeable in this polish than in Argon, but it's still not too bad.




     The holo is a little more prominent in the sun but is still pretty subtle. The sun didn't quite amplify the color like it did Argon but it was still very pretty.




Overall, this polish is great, but it's not quite for me. I was hoping for this color to be a bit more neon looking, but it is definitely a beautiful polish!
Consistency: 10/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Opacity:  7/10
Overall: 8/10

Helium

     
     Helium is a neon yellow-green color. The holo flair in this polish isn't quite as noticeable than the other polishes and seems more dispersed into a shimmer. Pictured here is two coats with one coat Seche Vite.




     The formula in this polish was also perfect. It went on smooth and there was no type of runniness. Much like many yellow polishes, it is not very opaque; the nail line was very noticeable.



     In the sun this polish GLOWS! I was astounded by how much different this polish looked from artificial to sunlight. Unfortunately, the holo wasn't much more visible in the sun.



     Overall, Helium is pretty fabulous. I just wish that it was more opaque and had a bit more of a holo flair. 
Consistency: 10/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Opacity: 5/10
Overall: 7/10

Radon

     
     Radon is a neon lime green polish with a subtle holo flair to it. Pictured is two coats with one coat Seche Vite. 



     Formula was flawless like the other polishes. Radon is one of the more opaque polishes in this collection as I could barely see the nail line after two coats. 


     If you thought that Radon couldn't get any brighter than it was in artificial light, you're definitely wrong. In the sun it is nearly blinding. Along with the holo coming out becoming much more visible. 




     Overall, I'm in love with this polish. This shade of green is my favorite color, so that's a plus. Also the formula and opacity and pigmentation were pretty much perfect.
Consistency: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Opacity: 8/10
Overall: 9/10

Krypton

     
      Krypton is a bright royal blue color with a subtle holo flair to it. Pictured is two coats with one coat Seche Vite.



     The formula was absolutely flawless, and was almost totally opaque in only one coat. 


     I couldn't believe how bright this polish was for such a dark color. It was practically glowing on my nails even when it wasn't in the sun.


     I almost cried when I saw this polish in the sun. It is absolutely stunning. The holo shimmer really comes out and the polish really seems to pop.




     Overall, this polish makes me swoon. It reminds me a lot of Zoya Dream. Literally everything about this polish was perfect, I really couldn't ask for anything more from it.
Consistency: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Opacity: 10/10
Overall: 10/10

Xenon

    

     Xenon is a neon purple color leaning toward magenta. Kinda like a Barney purple color. This too has a subtle holo flair. Pictured are two coats with one coat Seche Vite.




     The formula for this polish seemed slightly runnier than the other ones but it wasn't anywhere near a problem. Like Krypton, this polish was totally opaque in two coats and there is no visible nail line.



     I love how bright this color is indoors and in the sun. Much like the others, when in the sun it's like flipping a switch and turning the polish on it becomes so bright. My camera flipped out when I took pictures of this color.




     Overall, Xenon is fabulous. The color, the opacity, the vibrancy, the formula was all perfect. Like Krypton, there's not much more I could as from this polish.
Consistency: 9/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Opacity: 10/10
Overall: 9/10


     I am totally in love with this collection of polishes and I'll definitely be looking into getting more polishes from this brand. I was very impressed with how vibrant and pigmented these colors were and how they nearly transformed into a new, brighter polish in the sun. My favorite from this collection would definitely be Krypton without a doubt. Not only because I love blue polishes, but it was by far the most awesome in the collection. Which ones did you guys like best?

     If  you're interested in purchasing this collection, polishes in this collection, or other polishes from Charlie's Rad Lacquer, check out her store here.
     Give them a follow on Instagram too!

See ya soon guys! xoxo
     



2 comments:

  1. Woah!! Radon and Krypton are OMG!!!!!!!!!! I'm like drooling lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Привет! Мне бы хотелось открыть салон парикмахерскую. У кого-то из читательниц есть опыт в этом? Очень большой выбор оборудования для салонов красоты. Кто может помочь советом? Какой магазин лучше выбрать для то чтобы купить Мебель для маникюра и это Маникюрный стол складной. Я выбираю среди этих магазинов Spashop.com.ua, Venko.com.ua, Newfacebeauty.pl, Ukrmedgarant.com.ua.

    ReplyDelete